Lincoln (pop: 292,000) is Nebraska’s capital city—a place where personal experiences and urban opportunities just go together.
NWU is just minutes from downtown in Lincoln’s University Place neighborhood. It’s like having a friendly small town inside Nebraska’s second-largest city.
Lincoln was literally built with college students in mind. You’ll find exciting internships, jobs and research positions all over the city.
- Health care – Pre-health students can build experience in Lincoln's five major hospitals, plus many local clinics and rehabilitation centers.
- Sport industry – Find pro baseball, hockey and rodeo—as well as sport-related businesses like Hudl and Opendorse.
- Government – Lincoln is home to state, county and city governments that bring opportunities in legislation, law, service and lobbying.
- Tech – Lincoln is a major player on the Silicon Prairie, with top employers like Spreetail.
You can count on an active social scene—with all the restaurants, concerts, sports and shopping you’d expect in the Big Ten’s third-largest city.
- Food – Downtown Lincoln offers great Indian, Thai, Mexican, Cajun and American restaurants (the list goes on and on). Just save room for dessert at Ivanna Cone.
- Coffee – Lincoln’s best little coffeehouse is a block from campus at MoJava.
- Music – Pinnacle Bank Arena, the Lied Center and Pinewood Bowl draw top acts.
- Parks and trails – Each year, Lincoln’s 134-mile trail system hosts about 1 million treks. Check out the Bison Trail into Pioneers Park.
- Sports – GO P-WOLVES!
Lincoln’s high quality of life, low unemployment and safe neighborhoods attract people from all over the world. We speak 87 languages.
These are the strengths that make Lincoln the perfect place to launch your career.